How to deactivate or delete Facebook Account?
Are you a long time user of Facebook ?
Answer is Yes. But looking for a break from Facebook and want to live in real life with your family and friends. Getting bored being online all the time, doing daily facebook status updates, likes, comments on friends pictures.
Now, don’t have passion to upload your travel pictures and start a countdown to wait for likes, shares and comments.
Now, want to focus more on you work rather than Facebook updates and scrolling Facebook wall all the time. Or having concerned about recent Facebook data breach and want to make sure your personal data is secure on Facebook.
Whatever is the reason to get away from Facebook, here are two ways –
Deactivate Facebook Account –
If you want a short break from Facebook then you can deactivate your Facebook account and can activate your account any time by just sign in your Facebook account again.
- While deactivate, no one can search you by name or Facebook id in Facebook
- You Facebook account and timeline will not be accessible to any one
- Messages you sent will be available to your Facebook friends
- You can access Facebook messenger.
Steps to deactivate your Facebook account on desktop-
- Click on top right side menu and select Settings.
- Edit Manage Account option on the General Account Settings
- Move to Deactivate your account option, there will be a link to deactivate your account.
- Facebook will have Learn More button there to explain you what will be visible and not visible on account deactivation.
Steps to deactivate your Facebook account on Mobile Device-
- Click on top right side Hamburger menu.
- Scroll down and click on Settings button
- Click on Account Ownership and control under Your Facebook information
- Then, click on Deactivation and Deletion link to deactivate Facebook account
- Now, you will be on last step to deactivate or delete you account.
So, your account deactivated instantly and but your name will be visible to your friends in their friends list but they can’t visit your profile. Group admins, can see your Facebook posts and messages.
Want to go back again, just login and you account will be reactivated.
Facebook Account Delete –
You want to completely delete your Facebook account, See below points –
- Once deleted Facebook account, you will not be able to activate it again.
- All the data that you added or posted on Facebook like pictures, videos, profile etc will be deleted permanently and You will not be able to retrieve it.
- Facebook messenger will not be available.
- You will not be able to sign in via Facebook on apps where you signed up by Facebook Account
- Visit link https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account to delete your Facebook account. This page will show you what will happen when you delete your account.
- You should download all you data if you wish to keep.
- Also, if you have any page where you are only admin, make some one else admin if you want to keep page alive.
All set to delete, click on Delete Account.
On mobile, follow the same deactivation process that i explained earlier but in account deletion case you need to choose Delete Account option.
Deleted Facebook account, now want it back ?
You accidentally deleted your Facebook account ?
Now you want your Facebook account back. Good News, Yes, you can get if it’s not more than 30 days of account deletion. Just login with your credentials and request for reactivation.
But, if it’s more than 30 days of account deletion, then all your information will be deleted and you will not be able to activate it again.
Hope this post will help you , if you face any issue then please leave in comments. i will try to hep you. Thanks for reading.
Watch Video Version :